Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back in Black

Wow! It has been a long time since my last post. Time really gets away from me sometimes. In my defense we went on a vacation, school started, soccer practice started and life in general has been happening. I will try to do better from here on out. One of the great things about being out of town is the opportunity to eat in a different restaurant and try new foods. We ate at McGuire's Irish Pub and it was so tasty! I liked it so much I bought the cookbook and that's where this little dish was from. It's called Black Beer Chili and it's quiet a bit different from the chili I'm familiar with but a nice change.

I typically use dark beer when I make chili because I feel it gives a richer taste but I don't normally use 4 1/2cups of the stuff. Another distinct difference is the type of meat, I use ground beef (grass fed of course) but this called for sirloin. I was afraid the meat was going to be tough but I guess all the beer and a dash of balsamic vinegar really aids in tenderizing. It was a big hit with Lance and Dennis! I think the best part is the corn and black beans are fresh from our garden. It's always nice when you can enjoy the fruits of your (in this case Lance's) labors. Happy cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a chili fan myself - but that looks delicious. Definitely something I would want to try.
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete